Cold saws utilize a circular, toothed saw blade to transfer heat to the chips created when cutting. This keeps the blade as well as the material cool. This is compared to an abrasive saw which creates much more friction, and therefore heat to both the blade and material. Since metals expand when heated, cold saaws reduce burring and blade wear.
Cold saws are generally composed of a blade and motor connected to an arm. The arm is set to a pivot point to allow the turning blade to move vertically down through the material. Larger saws work on the same vertical axis, however use different methods, sometimes autonomous, to lower the blade.
- Blade Speeds: 3600 RPM
- Sawing Force: Infinitely Variably Adjustable
- Barfeed Accuracy +/- 0.005"
- Blade Size: 14"
- Blade Speeds 1500/3000 RPM
- 51/16" Tube Capacity at 90º
- 4" Square Capacity at 90º
- Head rotates 45º right of center for miter cutting and up to 90º left of center for miter cutting and slotting.
- Max Blade Diameter: 12.5"
- Spindle Diameter: 40 mm
- Capacity Round at 90 Deg: 4"
- Capacity Square at 90 Deg: 3.25"
- Maximum vice opening: 7"
- Square Tube Cutting at 90 Degrees - 4.25"
- Square Tube Cutting at 45 Degrees - 3.75"
- Rectangular Tube Cutting at 90 Degrees - 7.0"W x 3.75"H
- Two-piece cast iron blade guard system permits quick and easy blade changes without removing the guards
- Quick clamping cam-action vise with adjustable gib and material support bar for burr-free cutting operations
- Hardened and ground direct drive worm shaft and bronze worm wheel transmits maximum torque to the saw blade
- Blade drive reduction gearbox operates in an oil bath for increaded durability
- Heavy-Duty cast iron frame base with easy access storage provides a stable cuting platform
- Tct Saw Blade Ø600mm
- Automatic raising/closing of safety hood
- 2 vertical pneumatic clamps
- Spray mist unit lubrication