Notching is a form of cutting that is used on sheet metal, thin tubing, and barstock. A notcher uses a press-like mechanic to cut vertically or horizontally into the material to remove a section of the workpiece. All notchers are made to work specific types of metal, however all utilize the same mechanics. The goal of a notcher is to remove an angled section of material from the workpiece.
- Make perfect fit 90˚ notches
- Easy, one pull on the handle will produce accurate saddle notches for weld fit-up
- Portable and easy to mount to any surface or bench vise
No set-up needed, simply insert pipe into correct die
size hole and pull down on the handle
- Multi-positional vice provides 360° rotation for maximum notching range
- Vice capable of offset notching with up to 3/4" of vertical movement
- Compatible with most commercially available hole saws
- Integrated drawer is perfect for tool storage or extra Hole Saws
- Multiple scales and alignment guides make repeatable notching simple
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V or 440V*, 3-phase, prewired for 220V
- Maximum thickness mild steel: 9 gauge
- Maximum hydraulic force: 12 tons
- Table size: 23-1/2" x 27-1/2"