Notching is a form of cutting that is used on sheet metal, thin tubing, and barstock. A notcher uses a press-like mechanic to cut vertically or horizontally into the material to remove a section of the workpiece. All notchers are made to work specific types of metal, however all utilize the same mechanics. The goal of a notcher is to remove an angled section of material from the workpiece.
- Accommodates panels from 12″-24″
- Can be used for straight cuts as well as angle cuts
- Notching Offset: 29 inches
- Suggested Max Panel Thickness: 20 GA
- Make perfect fit 90˚ notches
- Easy, one pull on the handle will produce accurate saddle notches for weld fit-up
- Portable and easy to mount to any surface or bench vise
No set-up needed, simply insert pipe into correct die
size hole and pull down on the handle
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V, single-phase, 14.8A
- Quick-release belt system
- Sanding belt size: 4" x 78-3/4"
- Platen size: 4-1/2" x 15-3/8"