Abrasive Chop Saws
Abrasive chop saws are generally table-top tools meant for cutting hard materials like metal and are distinguishable by the type of blade or disc used. The cutting action of this kind of saw is performed by an abrasive disc which is very similar to discs found on grinding wheels but much thinner. Generally, the cutting wheel and motor are mounted on a pivoting arm attached to a fixed base. The base often utilizes a built-in vise or clamp to secure materials.
The discs are normally 14 in (360 mm) in diameter and 7⁄64 in (2.8 mm) thick. Larger saws use 16 in (410 mm) diameter discs. Abrasive saws often use discs with diamond and cubic boron nitride, which last longer than conventional blades.
- Totally Enlcosed Cabinet, Side Access Ports For Long Stock
- 15HP Motor
- V-Belt Drive, Sealed Ball Bearings
- Air Chain Vise
- Mitres left and right to 45 deg.
- Good for cutting aluminum and other non-ferrous material with steel blade
- Double air vises
- OHSA saferty blade guard
- Swivel cam vise opens 4″ – fast, lever-lock. Work length stop
- Capacity: 1 .5″ solids, 2 1/2″ pipe
- 5/8″ arbor, sealed-for-life bearings,10″ abrasive wheel, 3 HP
- Available in 1 ph 110/220 or 3 ph 220/440
- Mounted on a DCV-6 dust collector/vacuum
- Manual switch on saw and dust collector
- Uses 12″ or 14″ abrasive wheels. 1″ wheel arbor
- 4400 Spindle RPM