Rolling, or plate rolling, is a forming process where metal plate, sheet, or stock is fed through a series of rollers. The rollers are set to a desired thickness and as the metal is passed between them, the rollers reduce the thickness of the material as well as give the metal a uniform gauge.
Plate Rolls generally utilize hydraulics to be the driving force to feed and roll the material. The machines can have as little as two rolls, where one is driven, and as many as 4 rolls. It is crucial to understand the needs of your shop or business when choosing one of the industry-leading machines from Elite Metal Tools.
- Rolling Cap. (Mild Steel) .55"
- Forming Width 122"
- Number of Rolls 4
- Driven Rolls 2
- Heavy duty cast iron construction machined to strict tolerances with maintain tolerances and accuracy
- Hardened rolling shafts with bronze bushings ensures the machine will last for years of operation
- CSA/US: Following strict guidelines and electrical requirements, this JET Roller is CSA/US certified
- Foot-control assembly with emergency-stop
- Open face design allows the operator to roll full circles