There are several types of metal shears on the market today. Bench mounted shears (often throatless shears), squaring shears, power shears, or guillotine style shears. A power shear is electrically or pneumatically powered machine that is designed to cut large pieces of sheet metal.
- The Edwards # 5 Manual Alligator Shear has a sturdy, cast-iron frame built to withstand heavy use
- Excellent for shearing flat, round or square bar
- The six foot steel handle provides leverage for easier shearing
- Squaring Arm
- Sheet Size: 126"
- Shearing Capacity: 1/4" Mild Steel @ 65,000 PSI
- Throat Depth: 4.7"
- 3 HP, 220V, 1 Ph
- Heavy-duty steel construction eliminates deflection across the blade span
- Hand-wheel controlled back gauge for quick and easy depth adjustments
- Easy to use satellite foot controls with emergency stop button
- Precise bed and beam accuracy assures working accuracy
- Capacity: 16 gauge mild steel, 20 gauge stainless steel
- 52" cutting length
- 3 year manufactures warranty, made in the USA
- All steel side frames, all steel tables and cutter heads with 4 cutting edge high carbon, high chromium blades