Baileigh MC-1000TT Tilting Mortising Machine
|Manufacturer Part:||EMT ID:|
- 1 Horse Power
- 1400 Rpm
- 12" Swing
The MC-1000TT tilting mortising machine from Baileigh Industrial is essentially the same machine as the MC-1000 but with a unique tilting table and column. This is great for those hard to reach areas and angles that pop up from time to time. This feature is great for professional shops and schools. The MC-1000TT has many features that are not included on other machines in its class and is run on 110 volts and has a chisel capacity of ¼" to 1". The 1 hp motor produces 1750 rpm to help achieve a maximum depth of 3".
The large tilting 22-1/4" x 9" table tilts +\- 20 degrees and has many fixtures makes placing and keeping the material in place for accurate chiseling. The column also tilts +\- 20 degrees left and right. A depth stop is also included.
|Table Size (Length)||21.25"|
|Table Size (Width)||9"|
|Table Tilt (degrees)||20|
|Column Tilt (degrees)||20|
|Max Mortising Depth||3"|
|Chisel Capacity||1/4" to 1"|
|Drill Chuck Capacity||1/8" to 5/8"|
|Vertical Stroke (Table)||5.7"|
|Lateral Stroke (Table)||9.4"|
1. Arrived well-crated and in good condition.
2. You will need either a pulley or come-along setup or two persons to lift the machine onto the base.
3. Set-up was straightforward, directions were small and limited. better instructions on adjustment would have been appreciated.
4. The fence on the back of the table was 1/4 inch or so out of line with lateral table movement. Though attached with bolts allowing some movement, i needed to remove the fence and file the end holes to allow sufficient movement to straighten the fence (20-30 min work).
5. That being said, the tool was otherwise reasonably well machined, certainly for the price. Ways required some lubrication and adjustment.
6. Lateral movement is poorly geared and quite stiff, front-to back table movement much better. Not a terrible flaw, but perhaps fixable in a future version?
7. The vertical stops for chisel movement work well.. The stop mechanism for lateral table movement is flimsy and deflects easily, so not very accurate. Would be useful for cruder production, but many may wish as I did to remove it to allow auxiliary clamping to the back fence and just to get it out of the way.
8. Worked very well with inexpensive chisels honed well. All in all a very good tool and definitely an excellent value compared to the alternatives I see on the market. I can't speak yet to it's durability, but am happy to have bought. Some attention by the manufacturer to the above defects could result in a very fine tool indeed.