|Manufacturer Part:||EMT ID:|
- 10.75" Swing Over Bed
- Distance Between Centers 30"
- 60 Hz with Inverter
- 622 lbs
Through the years, no lathe has been as popular or iconic as a South Bend Heavy 10 lathe. This new Heavy 10 is a modern variation of our classic South Bend legend--esteemed throughout the world for always being reliable and exceptionally accurate. Not to be outdone, the SB1007 is a gearhead lathe packed with features and refinements usually found only on much larger, more expensive machines. The SB1107 is heavy enough to do a wide variety of jobs--yet light enough to be quick and responsive to the operator. Features include a 10.75" swing and 30" distance between centers, powered carriage and cross feeds, quick-change gearbox, all gear-head headstock, jog button, outboard spindle spider for gunsmithing, a D1-4 camlock spindle, precision German-made spindle bearings, and especially thick castings. Spindle speed is controlled via convenient headstock levers, offering an excellent range of speeds between 55 and 2200 RPM. A heavy-duty 3 HP Delta variable-frequency drive inverter ensures smooth, consistent torque at every speed from the 2 HP two speed 3-phase motor--without requiring 3-phase power. The inverter converts the power requirement for a single phase wall plug-in!
- Swing over bed: 10.75"
- Distance between centers: 30"
- Swing over cross slide: 6.625"
- Width of bed: 7"
- Cross slide travel: 4.625"
- Compound slide travel: 4"
- Spindle nose: D1-4 camlock
- Spindle bore: 1.358"
- Spindle taper: MT#5
- Spindle speeds: (8), 55-2200 RPM
- Spindle bearings: tapered roller
- Spindle length: 13.625"
- Spindle length w/ 3-jaw chuck: 17.688"
- Tailstock taper: MT#3
- Tailstock quill travel: 3.125"
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 1.574"
- Inch threads: 4.5 to 128 TPI (37 pitches)
- Metric threads: 0.25 to 2mm (15 pitches)
- Longitudinal feeds: 0.0018 to 0.0128 IPR
- Cross feeds: 0.0009 to 0.0064 IPR
- Number of feed selections: 15
- Maximum tool bit size: 1/2"
- Spindle motor: 2 HP, 3-phase, 5.5A converted to 15A, 220V, single-phase,
- 60 Hz with inverter
- Base footprint: 511/2" x 83/8"
- Approximate shipping weight: 622 lbs
- Signature South Bend three V-way bed
- 4-Way tool post
- Outboard spindle spider for gunsmithing
- Quick-change gearbox for cutting inch and metric pitches
- Thread dial indicator
- Carriage and cross-slide power feed
- 6" 3-jaw scroll chuck mounted to D1-4 plate
- Adjustable carriage stop
- Change gears with drive shaft
- Toolbox with service tools